cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problème de restauration avec BESR 2010

phil13
Level 3

Bonjour,

j'ai installé BESR 2010 (le live update me dit qu'il est à jour) sur un serveur windows 2003SBS SP2 et je sauvegarde sur un disque RDX de 320Go connecté en USB (lettre F:).

L'unique sauvegarde journalière, prend mes 2 partitions C: (système et exchange) et D: (données client).

La sauvegarde se passe toujours bien et j'ai bien (entre autre) mes 2 fichiers (serveur-2003_C_Drive001.v2i et serveur-2003_D_Drive001.v2i) présents sur le RDX.

Lorsque je veux faire une récupération granulaire, le logiciel m'affiche bien +C: et +D:, je peux naviguer dans les répertoires du C:, mais lorsque je clique sur D:, la cartouche RDX s'éjecte, sans message d'erreur. Si je la remet, elle s'éjecte à nouveau dès que je reclique sur D:.

Lorsque je veux faire une restauration sur un autre PC en bootant avec le CD Recovery Disk, j'ai toujours le même problème : la cartouche RDX s'éjecte et là par contre, on me demande d'insérer la cartouche N°2 contenant le fichier serveur-2003_D_Drive001_s01.v2i (ma sauvegarde fait 29Go + 85Go sur une seule cartouche de 320Go et je n'ai pas de fichier serveur-2003_D_Drive001_s01.v2i)

au secours ...

D'avance Merci

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

phil13
Level 3

Hi,

i have uninstalled BESR (+ all folders erased) and installed BESR again ... and victory :

I can browse the directory of C: and D:, without the RDX cartridge was ejected.

Yet my first install was good and without any error message : no explanation

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Can you describe you problem in English please, I don't speak French ?

Pouvez-vous décrire votre problème en anglais s'il vous plaît, je ne parle pas français ?

phil13
Level 3

Hi,

I installed BESR, 2010 (live update says it is up to date) on a Windows server 2003SBS SP2 and I backup to a disk RDX 320GB connected via USB (letter F:).

The single daily backup, took my 2 partitions C: (system and exchange) and D (customer data).

The backup is always going well and I have (among others) my 2 files (serveur-2003_C_Drive001.v2i and serveur-2003_D_Drive001.v2i) present on the RDX.

When I do a granular recovery, the software gives me +C: and +D: I can browse the directory of C:, but when I click on D:, the RDX cartridge is ejected without error message.

When I do a restore on another PC by booting with the Recovery Disk CD, I always have the same problem: the RDX cartridge is ejected and a message appear. I am asked to insert the cartridge N ° 2, containing the file "serveur-2003_D_Drive001_s01.v2i" (backup size =29Go (C:) + 85Go (D:) on a single 320Go cartridge and I have no file "serveur-2003_D_Drive001_s01.v2i")

Please, help me

criley
Employee Accredited

I believe this issue only affects recovery points of a certain size which explains why you only see a problem when attempting to open/browse the contents of D: which is 85GB.

First of all; make sure you have latest version of BESR which is 9.0.2 (check in Help/About to confirm this). If that also fails, I would recommend that you open a case with support.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, take a look here, I think this comes close to your issue: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2010-backup-hyper-v-virtual-machine-usb-rdx-drive-completes-v-79-57344-38721-fail

phil13
Level 3

Thanks for your answers,

i have modified my backup (programmed at 22h00) with the split files option (max 4.5Go / file) and the VSS option (not match by default)

I would say tomorrow if this modified backup accepts the Granulary Restoration

phil13
Level 3

Hi,

same problem...

when i want to read D: tree in granulary restoration, the RDX drive is ejected.

If i want to put another RDX disk, BESR not respond (windows server also, for a moment)

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, go for a case with Symantec.

criley
Employee Accredited

I agree with Markus. Your best bet is to go ahead and open a case with support.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

phil13
Level 3

Hi,

i have uninstalled BESR (+ all folders erased) and installed BESR again ... and victory :

I can browse the directory of C: and D:, without the RDX cartridge was ejected.

Yet my first install was good and without any error message : no explanation