cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about backup windows system state

Kin_Wo_Chong
Level 2
I have met a problem that when I try to backup the system state of the remote windows 2000 server, It return a error message:

Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied.
Final error category: Security Errors

I check from the internet and find that it is cause by the permission of the user that use to run the Backup Exec.

The question is: I already use the administrator account to run the backup Exec and this problem have happened before. Just suddenly happen!

I am using Backup Exec 10d version.

Can anyone help me? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
You are on the system state forum but however, the backup exec account needs to be a domain admin and a backup operator. The BE services on the media server and on the remote agents need to all start with the same account.

You may also have an NTFS issue if the Domain administrator does not have access to the offending directory because it is not in the NTFS permissions or it is not an owner of the directory.

Kin_Wo_Chong
Level 2
As I mention, the backup is running properly before (include the system state) can successfully be backup. However, the last two month, the backup exec begin fail to backup the system state with unknown reason. I have already try to reboot both server and test only backup the remote system state, but after it backup 40~50 mb data, the job automatic cancel with the access denied message.

p.s. I have try to use ntbackup to backup the system state and it can success. And the user account that use by the BE is already the domain administrator.

Kin_Wo_Chong
Level 2
Does anyone who get the same problem? Thanks.

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
This is the system recovery forum, not the Be forum