cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with HP/Compaq Proliant ML530 G1

David_Walsh_2
Level 3
I have recently installed Backup Exec System Recovery 7.0.1 on several servers for one of our customers.
When I booted from the recovery CD on a HP/Compaq Proliant ML530 G1 server and went into "Configure Network Connection Settings" I received the following message:

Process 'The pipe is being closed' reported an error executing the requested operation

When I tried to "Set Network Card Speed", I received the following message:

NicCtrlUI
The parameter is incorrect

It would appear that the NIC in this server is not supported by BESR 7.0.1 natively.  The NIC is an HP NC3123 Fast Ethernet NIC.

Can you please confirm that this is indeed a driver problem for the above NIC, and if so, what can I do about it to enable booting this server into the recovery environment and being able to recovery from an image?

Thanks,
Dave.
1 REPLY 1

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

To determine whether or not a driver for your NIC is present in the SRD, I would (in Windows) run the driver validation tool.  It appears on the autorun menu when you insert the SRD CD-ROM.

If it lists your NIC as a device that is missing a driver, run the customizable SRD wizard and create a custom version of the SRD that contains the driver you need.

It should automatically detect the NIC and grab the driver for you.

Thanks.