cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with discovery tool from ssr2011

hilrad
Level 3

Hi,

I work for a relatively big company(1400 servers) and i'm involved in the upgrade project of our BESR 8.5 architecture (to SSR2011)

I installed SSR on a 2008R2 server and tried to start with but I have some problems with discovering computers I want to manage.

I need to import from from my AD 10 servers for testing and cannot handle with.

Can someone tell me which options I have to select to import precisely those servers?

I used the action "import Microsoft active directory " tool then the first option ->

import computer resources from "my domain" starting from "_servers" and using default columns mappings(do not understand how this option works seen values I can check) import all computers (with ldap search filter fulfilled with cn=COMPUTERNAME,ou=_servers,ou=xxx etc dc=net and it did import all computers from the OU!!!

What can I do???!!! can I delete the content of this discovery from my database (sql 2008)? or rollback to a previous snapshot?)

Otherwise I have an other problem some computers have been added automatically. On some of them (6), half are correctly managed and backed up but on others(2008 SP2) I get error messages when I try to force SSR addin install (error code : )  unavailable on the console, need to go on the server directly...)

when I try to install manually, destination folder is empty why not) and then I get "internal error 2869.errorDialog"

Please help me,

Cordially

12 REPLIES 12

hilrad
Level 3

additionnal information I read the adminguide but very light about discovery.

the final purpose is to manage 80 computers not the full list of servers on _servers!

criley
Employee Accredited

If you only want to import 10 servers to start with, just go to the section for 'Install the Symantec Management Agent' - from there you have the option of importing computers from a selected file (i.e. a text file with a list of machine names or ip addresses).

And yes, you can just remove those machines from your database that you dont want in there.

Hope that helps.

hilrad
Level 3

Thanks for the advise, and other question, how can I delete all computers from my db using the console?

is it possible?

criley
Employee Accredited

Using the Symantec Management Platform UI (http://localhost/Altiris/Console/), go to Manage/Computers.

From there you can select multiple machines and delete them.

hilrad
Level 3

sorry for the stupid question but I can't find the way to select multiple computers... the action button is greyed if I do not select any computer and if i click one, I do not see the graceful option select all

hilrad
Level 3

ok forget it

criley
Employee Accredited

Select one and then use the Ctrl key to make multiple selections.

hilrad
Level 3

I used the shift option, gracefully it worked ! I can't imagine select 4000 computers one at a time...

criley
Employee Accredited

If your questions are answered, please mark this thread as solved. Thanks.

hilrad
Level 3

I still have a 2 problems, the first one is about symantec plugin installation failure with error code on a 2008 sp2 .

The other one is a managed servers unlicensed despite its appartenance to the correct license policy group.license mode RTC instead of SN, can I solve that issue?

I can't find a way to solve those problems...

I would like to manage backup jobs from a tierce party task scheduler and I need for that to get job id example : {E0BB87CD-7FBB-410D-84BD-IUND2883DC9}

How can I get it?

hilrad
Level 3

ok I found a solution myself to get the job ID but our old script is not working anymore, used to create a symantec.protectorauto object, but it does not seem to exist in the new version.

spukos
Level 2

Thanks for the solution hilrad, it worked for me too, i spent a lot of time trying to figure it out...but i finally mange to work it thanks to you ...... maplestory private server , minecraft private server