Did you mean: 

Problems while installing SSR2011-MS SP1

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

I'm trying to install SSR 2011 MS soluton on windows 2008 R2 SP1

During installation requirements check I get 2 problems:

-IE9 installed...how can I solve this?

-ASP.NET mapping scpript for IIS not instaleld o properly configured

How do I solve this? I tried installing .NET framework 3.5.1 from roles installation but didn't work. Then I tried to fix clicking on the link in the instalation that says that it automatically installs and configures .net framework 2.0, but this either didn't work.

What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

installing it on another server...no way to install on that one....:(

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

IE9 is not currently supported with the Symantec Management Platform (SMP). SSR-MS relies on SMP.

Did you follow the steps below to Install the IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility Components in Windows Server 2008 R2:

1. Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.

2. In the navigation pane, expand Roles, right-click Web Server (IIS), and then click Add Role Services.

3. In the Select Role Services pane, scroll down to IIS 6 Management Compatibility.

4. Click to select the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility and IIS 6 Management Console check boxes.

5. In the Select Role Services pane, click Next, and then click Install at the Confirm Installations Selections pane.

6. Click Close to exit the Add Role Services wizard.

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

yes, iis 6 compatibility metabase and console are installed, in fact the compatibility check warning of that component disappeared after installation, it is ASP.NET that is still there.

About IE 9 how can I do? can I unistall it and go back to 8? Or can I install it anyway and manage from a pc with IE8?

criley
Employee Accredited

You need to remove IE9 and install IE8.

Details on what is supported with SMP can be found here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO9965

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

Yes I know the suported plantforms but i don't know how to unistall IE9 (not listed in programs) and don't know how to install back IE8....any guide?

And don't know how to fix the ASP.NET issue...

criley
Employee Accredited

Have you clicked on 'View installed updates' (on left-hand side) in the Uninstall a program section?

That should list IE9.

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

thank you, IE9 unistalled, and IE8 has been automatically reinstalled by windows as i can see...

but ASP-NET problem is still there

chrismatt83
Level 4

I just installed this from scratch yesterday and it works. I had the ASP error too but the minute I had thing automatically take care of the IIS compatibility fix issue, the asp error took care of its self too. I installed IIS role services before I started the SSR install. Not sure if that helped. I also did not have IE9 and sp1 installed. Infact I am going to go ahead and make a snapshot and do the IE9 and sp1 install today and see what happens.

criley
Employee Accredited

Just be aware that IE9 is not supported. It may work but you wont be able to get support should you run into any problems.

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

Tried unistalling and reinstalling IIS6 compatibility components, but ASP.NET issus is still there....

Here are the tries I have done:

1)Installing .NET framework 3.2.1 integrated in windows 2008R2 (after first requirements check). Still failing check

2)Trying to use autofix included in the install, that tells that installas and configures IIS with .NET framework 2: still failing check

3)tried to follow this guide: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/configuring-64-bit-aspnet-new-servers, except for the last passage, that I don't know hot to do on win 2008 R2, still failing check

4)Tried to unistall all IIS6 compatibility (anche then also RPC over HTTP feature) and reinstalling them, but still failing check

chrismatt83
Level 4

Ok well, to be honest, i had no problems at all so far with my install yesterday These were my steps. I installed server 2008 r2 std, but did not install sp1 and IE9. I did patch it up all the way with the current windows updates and it also installed dot net 4 framework which i was wary off. I then installed dot net 3.5 through roles and then iis through roles. I then went ahead and installed the SSR2011 MS INSTALL. During readiness checks it pointed out that there was an error with asp and iis 6 comptability. When i hit the fix the iis component through the link underneath it automatically fixed the asp part as well.  This morning I updated my SSR MS 10.0.0 to SSR MS SP1 10.0.1 So far so good.

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

Well that's a different evironment, I have a server that is SP1 and have to install on it, I waited a long time for the SP1 of SSR, but now that it is out I get this error trying to install :(

Justin_Inglett
Not applicable

Is this a fresh install of IIS on the server? I have seen in the past that if IIS has been installed on the server and multiple installs of ServiceDesk are done the binding become corrupt in IIS.

I would recommend adding an arbitrary web binding than removing the standard ones (http:80, https:443) than reading them. I know it sounds strange but give it a go and let me know how it turns out, there are a few other tricks that I would try if this does not work.

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

I tried, but the problem is still here.

It is not a fresh install, on the server is running exchange 2010 (don't know about any compatibility issue with it, right?).

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

nobody?

bwhalon
Level 3
Partner

I am running SSR with Exchang 2010 and have had no issues to date.  What are the errors you are getting now?

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

-ASP.NET mapping scpript for IIS not instaleld o properly configured

look at attachment at 6th post

no way to install it....:(

chrismatt83
Level 4

That could also be it thet fact that you have exchange. I am running my  server soley for the purposes of symantec management solution. It could be that there is some IIS conflict with exchange and maybe symantec and something in there needs to be configured ??

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

maybe....but I don't know what....hope some symantec employ answers :)

I wanted to install on that server cause I have another one but iis a DC and I think it's better not to install it on a DC, another one has Symantec endpoint management instaleld and I know that it's better to install the two management solutions on different servers...so ther only available server was the exchange one...