cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing out the Symantec System Recovery 2011 from SSR 2011 MS

chrismatt83
Level 4

1) I just needed to know when i push out the  Symantec System Recovery 2011 client from my Management Solution to one of my servers, is it a silent install or would it require some user interface.

2) Without pushing it out, where can i get a manual download of it. Can you send me a link.

3) Does it automatically remove previous clients of besr 8, besr 8.5, 9 and update it  and does it keep the previous liscense intact ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

1. Normally it is the silent install. If you check within the SETTINGS | BACKUP AND RECOVERY | SYMANTEC SYSTEM RECOVERY PACKAGES | 2011 | PACKAGE FOR SYMANTEC SYSTEM RECOVERY 2011 WITH USER INTERFACE | PROGRAMS | ENGLISH | COMMAND LINE and it looks something like this:

.\install\setup.exe /s /L1033 /v"SILENTMANAGED=1 REBOOT=Force /qn...

then yes it will install silently and reboot the client.

2. You should be able to get a manual download from http://fileconnect.symantec.com enter your serial number, the file that you are looking for is: Sym_System_Recovery_2011_10.0.1.41704_Multilingual_Product.zip

3. If it discovers that a previous version is install it will attempt an uninstall, then a install of the updated product, then a reboot. Be sure to locate your BESRInstall.txt and the new SSRinstall.txt files if upgrading fails. To be sure that a log file is created at a place where you can find it, change the Command line from question 1 to:

... /l*voicewarmup c:\SSRInstall.txt...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

1. Normally it is the silent install. If you check within the SETTINGS | BACKUP AND RECOVERY | SYMANTEC SYSTEM RECOVERY PACKAGES | 2011 | PACKAGE FOR SYMANTEC SYSTEM RECOVERY 2011 WITH USER INTERFACE | PROGRAMS | ENGLISH | COMMAND LINE and it looks something like this:

.\install\setup.exe /s /L1033 /v"SILENTMANAGED=1 REBOOT=Force /qn...

then yes it will install silently and reboot the client.

2. You should be able to get a manual download from http://fileconnect.symantec.com enter your serial number, the file that you are looking for is: Sym_System_Recovery_2011_10.0.1.41704_Multilingual_Product.zip

3. If it discovers that a previous version is install it will attempt an uninstall, then a install of the updated product, then a reboot. Be sure to locate your BESRInstall.txt and the new SSRinstall.txt files if upgrading fails. To be sure that a log file is created at a place where you can find it, change the Command line from question 1 to:

... /l*voicewarmup c:\SSRInstall.txt...