cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about SMTP Email Priority Level messages

Triven
Level 4

I have googled and not managaed to find an answer.

I have setup SMTP Email alerts pending the result of a backup job but the user that will be receiving the notification emails is quite awkward and will moan if he gets too many emails notifications about backups.

There are 2 different Priority Levels to chooose from: Medium and high priority and high priority only.

what is classed as high priority and what is classed as medium and high??

Also similar question: the 3 tick boxes: errors, warnings and information.

What is classed as an error?

What is classed as a warning?

What is classed as information?

The questions seem daft i know but i need to be specific with this particularly sensitive user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi priority notifications are typically going to be those that affect the backup, such as missed backups, missing backup destinations, etc. Warnings are things such as low disk space, improper shut downs, etc. And information tells you when jobs kicked off, completed, optimized, etc. It is similar to the categorization of events in the Windows event logs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you had a look at the user guide yet ?

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi priority notifications are typically going to be those that affect the backup, such as missed backups, missing backup destinations, etc. Warnings are things such as low disk space, improper shut downs, etc. And information tells you when jobs kicked off, completed, optimized, etc. It is similar to the categorization of events in the Windows event logs.

Triven
Level 4

Thank you both very much, I checked the Guide as well, all my questions have been answered. Thanks