cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on editing Destination / refreshing authentication credentials

chris_charlton
Level 2

Hello! 

I'm working with SSR 2011 to backup a handful of servers.  We recently updated the passwords we use to authenticate our backup file destinations.  Editing the backup job, clicking "Define Destination" and changing the destination to a new location to update the username/password seems to be the only way I can re-authenticate.  Once that's done I can move the job back to the original location by selecting the pre-existing path from the Destination drop down box. 

Is that the only way this is possible?  Seems like there would be an easier way.  If you Edit the backup job and click "Define Destination" and try to use the current path, you get an error stating that the path already exists and you're never prompted to authenticate.  Am I missing something obvious? 

For one path, I get an error stating the path doesn't contain the required credentials.  "Please edit the destination and enter valid credentials."

Edit it how?  When I click "Define Destination" it give the error I previously mentioned saying that the path already exists.

Help please!

Thanks,

Chris

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried editing the password via Tasks-->Options-->General-->Default Backup Location-->Edit ?

chris_charlton
Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately I don't even see Tasks as an option.  Where is this located? 

I'm using the Management Solution page and the Management Console. 

Thanks again,

Chris

chris_charlton
Level 2

Actually, I found it!  Thank you again for your help!

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did it work out ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Please update !