cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about SP5 (http://www.veritas.com/docs/000107923)

kahml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

First (and this is probably going to sound foolish), where does this patch get installed?

On the actual desktop that is running SSR, or in the folder (on the server) that was used to perform the original installation?

There is no information in the supplied documentation to indicate just how this is supposed to be installed.

Second, after this patch is installed do you have to re-create the SRD?

Again, there is no information in the associated documentation to outline the necessary steps to take.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

Based on your wording.... can I assume you are talking about environments that are using the SSR Management Solution?

If so, the patch is downloaded to the management server, then it is pushed out to the client machines.

You do not HAVE to re-create the SRD. If everything is working, then no need to. If you run into any issue with the SRD, the recommendation would be to create a new one using the latest available version (Technical Support would probably have you do this).

kahml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

No, Chris, I'm not using the Management Solution.

My habit has always been to download the base product to a folder on the server and expand it there.  If the installation cannot be accomplished via GPO, then I simply copy the installation folder from the server to a temporary folder on the client and run setup from there. The temporary folder is deleted afterwards.

So my question about how to update the client (currently at 11.1.3.55088) with SP5 remains.  Do I run the update on the client?  Or do I update the contents of the original installation folder and re-run setup?

criley
Employee Accredited

You can do it either way. You can either just run the service pack installer or run the setup for the full installation - both ways will achieve an upgrade to SP5.