cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Window 10 Version 1909 and VSR 18 SP4

CQ
Level 5

Does VSR 18 SP4 support the latest 1909 release of Windows 10?  If not, what is the expected time frame for support?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

CQ
Level 5

akihiro1
Employee

I have no information about whether the latest Service Pack (VSR 18 SP4) supports Windows 10 version 1909 or not.
The next release for VSR will support Windows 10 version 1909 but the release date is not fixed yet.

If I get the latest information, I will update this thread.

akihiro1
Employee

I got the latest updates now.

Unfortunately we support Windows 10 version 1909 from the next release. That is, we have no plan to support in VSR 18 SP4.

i saw something come out about a beta program for VSR 21 and VSR-MS 21...

can you elaborate if that is true?

I have participated in several of the VSR beta programs and I would like to know more information about the timeframe for VSR 21.  We have a few machines that need to be upgraded to 1909 and we are in a holding pattern until we know the timing of the next version of VSR. 

As a general comment, I am disappointed that Veritas lags behind with VSR in supporting new releases of Win 10.

akihiro1
Employee

I heard from Engineering that Windows 10 1909 will be supported from VSR 21.

akihiro1
Employee

Unfortunately I do not have a fixed schedule about the release date. Probably it will take 2 or 3 months until VSR 21 is released.

Steve_Fuller
Level 4

I'm running fast insider preview 2004 (19037.1) and 18 sp4 works fine.  Doing backups on nvme ssd, an intel raid 10 volume, two 4Gig drives, and a USB 4T drive.  Hasn't had a VSR issue on insider builds except for 3 consecutive builds about 6 months ago.

Windows 1909 and 1903 are basically the same thing. The updates and servicing stack for Win 1909 are even the exact same files used for 1903. Bottom line is that anything that works on 1903 should work on 1909.

I've always wondered why it took Symantec and now Veritas so long to support new versions of Windows. Competitors release updates to support new versions of Windows even BEFORE that new version hits General Availability status so clearly this is possible.

Unfortunately...I advanced to the next insider (slow ring) release of Windows 10: 19041, and the VSR 18 SP4 service will not run.

It starts then stops, and now I can only perform cold backups until VSR 21 is released (or I am able to download an early release of 21 via the Veritas beta program).

Is there any word yet on when the production version of VSR 21 will be released?  The beta of 21 was released in January for testing.  Before you know it, it will be April and Microsoft will be releasing Win 10 2004.  This will put us right back where we were and this whole waiting cycle will start over again.  Thanks!.

akihiro1
Employee

I guess that we will be able to announce VSR 21 release on Apr but the date is not fixed yet.

akihiro1
Employee

VSR 21 has been released on 6th Apr. Windows 10 1909 is supported on VSR 21.

<Release note>
https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/VSR_21_Release_Notes_EN
Qualification of Microsoft Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909 from Veritas
System Recovery 21

<Download Center>
https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/downloads/detail.REL994234