cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-image

MUFASA42EF
Not applicable
I need some help. Currently created a ghost boot dos disk with ghost suite to load and re-image a Dell M6500 and pull over the image stored on an external HDD. The problem is that when i the boot disk while it is loading it states that USB controllers/drivers not installed/recognized.   I can see the external drive in windows and the USB option for booting is enabled in the BIOS but when I goto load the (image from) in ghost it is not picking/recognizing  up the external HDD.

How do i get ghost to offer the external HDD as an option to load the image from and or how do I create a bootable Ghost DOS disk that contains he USB controllers/drivers that it is looking for?  I am using windows XP

Sorry the last post got cut off and had to re-post

Any help would be greatly appreciated,  I have googled this issue and cannot quite find the same scenario, thus far, or a solution for it.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Is the disk really DOS based ? If yes you'd have to look for an DOS driver for your USB device.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates ?

kqf_chris
Level 4

This machine has USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. Check to make sure you are using the USB 2.0 ports as 3.0 is NOT supported by the recovery CD.

If you are using an old version of Ghost (you did not specify which) it may not even support USB disks at all for restoration.

Linas
Level 6

It’s a bootable Linux disk with Ghost to backup and restore images

Linas
Level 6