cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Point not being created

jpj1980
Level 2
I am testing Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 for the company I work for.  I installed it, setup a backup, and ran the backup without any errors.  However I am never getting a recovery point created.  

I setup it up to backup to a network folder, which it does, I can browse to the folder and see all the backup data.  The backup says that it completed successfully but I am never getting a recovery point created.

I installed this on a couple of other user's PC and they are having the same issue.

Any ideas?

Also is there a way to backup to a network folder and have it all compressed into a single file?  Right now it is all placed under a folder called File Backup Data and then a large amount of subfolders.
4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

It sounds as though you are using the File & Folder backup method. You need to use the 'Back up my computer' option - this will create a single recovery point that you are looking for.

anishmcse
Level 3
I am getting the below error while creating the Recovery point.

I am using Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Server 6.5  and Windows 2003 OS.

-Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Recovery point of C:\.

--Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, MbrDisk::RoundSectorCountToUnallocatedSpace: .\MbrDisk.cpp(5373): RoundToValidPartitionSectorCount(luSpace, size, logical).

jpj1980
Level 2
Ok so there is no way to get a recovery point without doing a full backup?

We do not do full backups here only specific files and folders.  Will it hurt at all not doing a full backup?  I am still able to restore without issue correct?

criley
Employee Accredited
Of course. The File/Folder option is there if you want to backup a select group of data instead of backing up the entire volume.