cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery disk can't communicate on network

BGood
Level 2

I can't get my recovery CD to communicate with devices on my network.  I tried DHCP first, which clearly timed out and didn't give me an address on my network.  I also tried statically assigning the address of my computer.  Doing that, I can ping my own IP address, but I cannot ping the default gateway or any other computer on the network.  I get "destination not reachable" rather than timeouts.  It has the right network driver:

Realtek 8168 NT Driver

{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

64-bit

Windows Client: 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BGood
Level 2

I'm using SSR 2013 on a Dell XPS 8700 with Win 8.1.  But I was finally able to get it working by removing the driver inside the build tool and manually adding it back by pointing to the .inf.  Weird that I had to do that, because it *said* it was the same driver and version number.  Anyway, it's working now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

What version of the SSR recovery disk are you using?

Please provide hardware details (make/model) of the machine you are trying to get this working with.

BGood
Level 2

I'm using SSR 2013 on a Dell XPS 8700 with Win 8.1.  But I was finally able to get it working by removing the driver inside the build tool and manually adding it back by pointing to the .inf.  Weird that I had to do that, because it *said* it was the same driver and version number.  Anyway, it's working now.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Please mark the post as "Solved"