cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery point browser will not open recovery point

TenOC
Level 4

I have been using SSR since the days of Ghost.

This year I did a new recovery point backup of one of my large data disk to a new hard drive. When I checked the backup recovery point by trying to open it with the recovery point browser, I find that I cannot open the file. Notice the attached screenshot. The recovery point browser normally would show a tree of folders. I cannot get this tree to open. I have verified and validated the recovery point. The recovery point will mount as a new drive and I am only able to see the folders in the drive.

Does anybody know what this symbol besides the recovery point is?

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Never seen this icon before. So you are saying you see all folders in the recovery point but not a single file within the folders when mounting the recovery point?

The following is what a week or two of research has led me to believe but I could be wrong.

The icon that I marked in the original posting screenshot picture is a normal icon for the recovery point. What is missing is the + which allows one to expand the folder trees and to view individual files.

I am able to MOUNT the recovery point as a “G” drive and everything appears to work well on the G drive. I am able to recover files from the G drive. Therefore, the recovery point is not defected.

This problem appears to occur if the recovery point is larger than 1 TB because smaller recovery points have the + so that I can explore the folder tree structure.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Sounds like a bug, doesn't it? So you'd better file a case to report the issue.

akihiro1
Employee

I backed up H drive that has the used space of 2.8TB on my system. My recovery point file size is about 1.6TB. (See the attached png file.) In case of my VSR 18 SP4 on Win 2016, the recovery point browser worked fine.

Still having the same problem. However, I noticed I only have the problem when backing up my L hard drive. The other two hard drives work OK. I did notice that after I completed a backup with the problem drive, I did not get the green checkmark for successfully completed the backup. The progress and performance screen only said nothing in progress without the green checkmark I normally get.

I have check each HD for error and have use a different HD for the backup.