cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control SSR Recovery

kaplang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

is ther a way to remote control an SSR 2013r2 Windows recovery console on a 64 bit system?

Thanx,

GK

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

When you say 'recovery console', do you mean the recovery environment (WinPE) when doing a full system restore?

Or do you mean the SSR User Interface within Windows (with the operating system running)?

kaplang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I mean the WinPE recovery environment.

Thanks

criley
Employee Accredited

We used to include the pcAnywhere ThinHost with SSR but that was removed a while back because pcAnywhere as a product has been made end-of-life.

The suggested replacement is UltraVNC. As this is a 3rd party product, Symantec/Veritas does not provide support for it. However, please let us know if you run into any problems using UltraVNC with the SSR recovery disk and we'll try to help.

Hope this helps.

SSR20xx
Level 4

this is very interessting. is there an manual for installation the ultravnc in the winpe enviroment? in our company we must take netsupport for remote administration. can i take netsupport in the winpe too?

criley
Employee Accredited

If you contact me directly (via these forums), I can provide a document that should help with getting UltraNVC working with WinPE.

Sorry but I cannot comment on netsupport - this is not something that has been tested internally with the SSR Recovery Disk.