cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotely Run LiveUpdate on Unmanaged BESR 2010 Clients

dale_m1
Level 4

Hello,

I have a number of unmanaged BESR 2010 clients, mostly at version 9.0.4.42294.  If I run live update while logged into a given system, the update to version 9.0.5.45729 happens without problem.  Is there a way I can remotely run LiveUpdate so as to avoid the need to directly touch each system? 

In the past I thought I had accomplished this using psexec to run luall.exe remotely, but that does not seem to be working this time round.

The clients are mostly Win7/64 with a handful of  Server 2008 R2.  (Each client is also running SEP 12.1.2 in a managed fashion)

Secondly, I understand the new SSR 2013 uses a simplified (I assume non-Altiris) management console.  Can this new console also be used to manage BESR 2010 clients?

Thank You,

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

To your second question: NO, SSR 2013 still uses altiris based SSR MS but I think you mean the SSR 2013 Monitor --> http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/symantec-system-recovery-2013-monitor

To you frist question: Maybe this helps: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/luallexe-command-line-options

dale_m1
Level 4
Markus, Thank you for the response, I had previously seen the link you referenced regarding running LiveUpdate from the command line. In that thread, the poster refers to the need to run vpdn_lu.exe which in turn calls luall.exe. However, in our installation there is no such file as vpdn_lu.exe. On each client we have a subfolder for the SAV install, a subfolder for the BESR install, and a subfolder for the LiveUpdate install. None of these contain this file. Do you have any other thoughts on this? Thanks for the clarification on the SSR 2013 Manager vs Monitor. I'll have a closer look at this. While I'm not fond of the Altiris Manager, the Monitor sounds useful. Thank you,

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Have you tried thisone: www.symantec.com/connect/forums/running-liveupdate-commandline

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Have you tried thisone: www.symantec.com/connect/forums/running-liveupdate-commandline

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any progress here ?