Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restauration System Recovery VM To physique

Moroccosun
Level 4
Partner

Bonjour All ,

ci-après mon problème de restauration avec System Recovery 2011 :

Plate forme Sauvegardé : Machine VM Windows 2008 R2 (ESX : 5)

Destination de restauration : Machine Physique

L’objectif est de restaurer une machine VM 2008 R2 vers une machine physique,

après la fin de la restauration je reçois le message BootMGR absent, et par fois je reçois le message suivant 0XC0000225 .

Merci pour votre aide.

Hicham

9 REPLIES 9

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you backing up and restoring both the system volume (C) and the system reserved partition?

Moroccosun
Level 4
Partner

yes, I have two partitions .

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you confirm if you are restoring directly from the .vmdk file or from the recovery points (from the SSR backup of the VM)?

Moroccosun
Level 4
Partner

j'ai execute la solution ci-apres est ça marche pas :

Solution

The  error BOOTMGR IS MISSING occurs if C: drive and "System Reserved partition" is not backed up while creating System Recovery Disk 

In Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7 "System Reserved partition" is hidden. While booting with SRD,the System Reserved partition needs to be restored to the hard drive first with the options Set drive Active for booting OS and Restore Master Boot Record checked.
Then C drive should be restored with the option Restore Original Disk Signature selected.

After both the partitions are properly restored, boot machine with windows 2008 DVD and launch the following command :

X:\sources\recovery\StartRep.exe.

Moroccosun
Level 4
Partner

from the recovery points (from the SSR backup of the VM)

Moroccosun
Level 4
Partner

its OK cher ami ,

Merci bcp.

psj_symhelp
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi

check below artical to restore windows 7 and windows 2008 r2 recovery using SRD.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129112&profileURL=https%3A%2F%2Fs...

gml542
Level 3

I just had this issue and the following steps worked for me:

1. Boot using the Windows 2008 R2 Install CD

2. Click ok to start install

3. Choose the Repair Option

4. Open the Command Window

5. Go to the following directory: X:\sources\recovery

6. type: bootrec /rebuildbcd "enter"

7. If this runs successfuly: enter "Y" for yes

8. reboot

My machine gave me the same error again. Then I booted up successfuly after this next step:

"Note: I treid this step one prior before the above listed steps and this repair failed"

1. Boot using the Windows 2008 R2 Install CD

2. Click ok to start install

3. Choose the Repair Option

4. Open the Command Window

5. Go to the following directory: X:\sources\recovery

6. Type: startrep

This runs a windows repair. This ran for less then a minute. I was prompted to restart. The system came up successfuly.

tdatag
Not applicable

I completely agree with you. I really like this article. It contains a lot of useful information. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all. And of course nice review about the application.

vakantiehuis dordogne