cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoration problem with BESR 2010

phil13
Level 3

I installed BESR, 2010 (live update says it is up to date) on a Windows server 2003SBS SP2 and I backup to a disk RDX 320GB connected via USB (letter F:).

The single daily backup, took my 2 partitions C: (system and exchange) and D (customer data).

The backup is always going well and I have (among others) my 2 files (serveur-2003_C_Drive001.v2i and serveur-2003_D_Drive001.v2i) present on the RDX.

When I do a granular recovery, the software gives me +C: and +D: I can browse the directory of C:, but when I click on D:, the RDX cartridge is ejected without error message.

When I do a restore on another PC by booting with the Recovery Disk CD, I always have the same problem: the RDX cartridge is ejected and a message appear. I am asked to insert the cartridge N ° 2, containing the file "serveur-2003_D_Drive001_s01.v2i" (backup size =29Go (C:) + 85Go (D:) on a single 320Go cartridge and I have no file "serveur-2003_D_Drive001_s01.v2i")

Please, help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

phil13
Level 3

Hi,

i have uninstalled BESR (+ all folders erased) and installed BESR again ... and victory :

I can browse the directory of C: and D:, without the RDX cartridge was ejected.

Yet my first install was good and without any error message : no explanation

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

It's quite strange that it's looking for an image which was never created.

Have you tried to restore the system drive through SRD and once the system is booted you can probably try to restore the D: which is a data partition.

phil13
Level 3

Hi,

i have uninstalled BESR (+ all folders erased) and installed BESR again ... and victory :

I can browse the directory of C: and D:, without the RDX cartridge was ejected.

Yet my first install was good and without any error message : no explanation