cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Virtual Server VM problems

freitasm
Level 3
Hello

I am testing BESR8 on a VM running Windows Server 2003. The images are correctly created but when I try to test recovery I am finding some problems.

First if I just boot using the SRD into a fresh new VM and try recovering the image it will work for a couple of hours and complete it - but the image never boots. Is there any option I have to set? I am leaving the defaults only.

If I then try to create a VHD from the images I get an error:

Cannot covert image file.
Error EBAB0013: A test thatsafeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectdley. CHECK failed, Argument::GetInt32: .\CommonArgumentTypes.cp(156): false.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There are a good number of technote documents concerning the EBAB0013 error message. Below are a few links below to review to begin to understand the nature of this specific error. You may want to boot from the *.ISO image then using the actual CD when performing a restore to a virtual system and that if you are restoring to a VMDK that is both fix and fully unallocated space (no previous disk structures especially first track information). When you restore, choose the VIEW | By Filename option and browse to the *.V2i or *.iv2i file then the system index file *.Sv2i. Select your unallocated space, choose the Restore Anyware option, and then as restore options choose only the following (if you have just one partition being restored):

[ ]  Verify recovery point before restore

[ ]  Check for file system errors after restore

[X]  Resize drive to fill unallocated space

[ ]  Set partition type

[X]  Set drive active

[ ]  Restore original disk signature

[ ]  Preserve domain trust token on destination

[X]  Restore MBR