cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Win7 with Restore Anyware from VMware

BlackSun
Level 3
Hello,

i have the latest Build of Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010.

I have installed Windows 7 64 Bit OEM in a virtual machine. VMWare Workstation. Windows 7 is already  activated in the VMWare Workstation.

So, now i want to recovery the Windows 7 to a PC.

I boot into the Recovery CD and choose the *.vmdk file, which i have created with the vmware workstation. The storage on the pc is completely empty, no partiton, nothing else.

I choose in the hidden menu of restore anyware  "Delete Driver" and i unchecked the "Mini Setup"

I choose the destination. I checked the option "Restore MBR, original disk signature and set the primary partition active.

then i start the recovery. finally, the option restore anyware don´t ask for any driver. when the recovery procedure is finished, i reboot the machine.

the machine boot up, i see the windows 7 logo and then a blue screen occured.

when i do the same procedure on a other pc, all it´s ok. the windows 7 can restore completely without errors. only on the this fujitsu siemens scaleo p2 machine.

By the way, when i restore win7 with the restore anyware option "mini setup" the same occured. i see when win7 boot up, "registry components are updated" and then blue screen

what do i wrong?

sorry for my englisch (I´m from germany)

Kind regards
Michael
6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Hast Du die Restore Anywhere Option beim Zurückspielen auch sicher aktiviert ? Normalerweise fragt er dann nach Treibern die er braucht, aber nicht finden kann.

BlackSun
Level 3

Hallo,

ja ich habe die Restore Anyware funktion sicher eingeschaltet. Ich habe auch "Mini Setup" ausgeschaltet. Man kann Mini Setup nur ausschalten, wenn Restore Anyware Funktion eingeschaltet ist.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, dann muss ich leider passen, bei mir fragt das Restore immer nach Treibern.

BlackSun
Level 3
Ich dachte, Restore Anyware fragt nur, wenn auf der Recovery CD keine Treiber für das Betriebssystem drauf sind.

Ich habe die gleiche *.vmdk schon auf einen anderen PC wiedergestellt. Da hat Restore Anyware nach Treiber gefragt.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, dann hast Du schon mal versucht alle Treiber die der Fujitsu PC braucht, in die Recovery DVD aufzunehmen? Dazu müsstes Du eine Custom SRD anlegen.

BlackSun
Level 3
Nein, das habe ich noch nicht probiert. Es gibt doch im versteckten Menü von Restore Anyware auch die Option: Frage nach Treiber oder so ähnlich. Genauen Wortlaut weiß ich grad nicht. Diese Funktion weder ich noch probieren. Ich stelle mir, das Symantec dann nach jedem Treiber fragt, die es braucht um Windows 7 wieder herstellen zukönnen. Aber das ist nur eine Vermutung.

Aber probieren kann ich es mal.

Gruß
Michael