cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore disk image to partition

sfuller_2
Level 3

Recently was I able to restore a disk image to a partion in Windows 2008 R2 (SBS 2011) by booting from a 2013 SSR SP1 Recovery disk.  After  the restore reached 99% I recieved an unable to create volume error.  But after booting to the OS I was able to access the partion with all of it's contents after assigning a drive letter to the partition.

Is there a recommended way to do this, did I just get lucky, or has abyone else done this with success.  If possible I need to do this a a different server this weekend.

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, what was the actual error message at 99%?

manatee
Level 6

lucky you. what was the error?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any Updates here ?

sfuller_2
Level 3

I was under a deadline on the first server.  The error was E0BB0027: Cannot create volume.  I was trying to restore an image from a raid 1 disk to a raid 1 partition. (Both IBM X-series servers).  Since it was the D partition, I also tryed the restore under Windows, it hung at 99%--gave it over 2 hours but never received an error message.  That's when I tried again from the recovery DVD.  I was unable to find the error in a google search any place other than the list of error codes.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Ok, so i assume the  new RAID 1 is as big as the original one ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Please update !