cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore single items on SBS protected by BESR

Joris
Level 2
Hi, I’ve a question about restoring items from BESR on SBS. We’ve several SBS installations with BESR. On these SBS servers we’ve installed AD/Exchange/Sharepoint/SQL. Is it possible to restore single items in this list or do we need to do a full restore of the whole system. (I don’t mean using GRO). Example1. We want to restore the full Exchange database, can we restore the First Storage group directory with the .edb and .log files? Example2. We want to restore the AD, is there a file we can restore? I’ve read through the manual and I only found a remark that we need to do an non-authoritative restore… Also this link http://eval.veritas.com/mktginfo/enterprise/white_papers/ent-whitepaper_protecting_active_directory.pdf which states we need to perform a single systemstate backup… In Win2008 this option isn’t available anymore. Example3. We want to restore the SQL data files of Sharepoint/CRM program, can we restore the SQL data directory with the .mdf and .ldf files? Same questions for non SBS servers with a combination of the software listed above. (So AD controllers with Sharepoint/Exchange installed). I’ve read that above should work for VSS enabled databases, is this true?
0 REPLIES 0