cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restored image of windows 8.1 keeps restarting

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

Hello,

I had a system with windows 8 and SSR 2013 SP1. I updated it to windows 8.1 without problems. The computer went on making backups without problems.

Some days before the final release of SSR 2013 SP2, the commputer had a problem and crashed. I tried to restore it from the image made the day before. The restore process completed without error, but at the startup of windows it says he has to complete the updating process, and the it restarts. Then it restarts, and at next start it says again it has to complete the update process. And this goes on without stop. Is not possible to use the pc :(

Is it possible to restore somehow this image?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Windows 8.1 is only supported with SSR 2013 SP2, but maybe you could simply try to disable the sysprep process: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/how-to-disable-sysprep/670ae55f-1176-448e-814e-5b5687e24fd4

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Windows 8.1 is only supported with SSR 2013 SP2, but maybe you could simply try to disable the sysprep process: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/how-to-disable-sysprep/670ae55f-1176-448e-814e-5b5687e24fd4

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

Yes, but is it possible to stop sysprep without accessing windows? as there is no way to log in, is looping system preparation/restart...log in windows is never shown :(

As far as i understood, the above article lets you stop sysprep if you are able to log into windows...

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Can you boot into safe mode?

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

Just tried, yes I can. I try to follow the guide to disable sysprep from safe mode

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Cool - keep us posted !

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hope disabling sysprep worked , or you can check the event logs , since you are able to login into the safe mode

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

it worked! thanks!

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Please mark the post as solved , the comments may help other customers to get their issues resolved.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Lucky you !