cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Server at remote site - All Methods Fail

dtswarbrick
Level 2

We have a Hyper-V server HOSTA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64) with 2 guests SBSA (Windows SBS 2008 SP2 x64) and APPSA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64).

Both SBSA and APPSA have Symantec System Recovery 2011 (Build 10.0.0.39952) installed, and backup to HOSTA and Offsite to a FTP location.

The Offsite location has HOSTB (Windows Server 2008 R2 Std SP1 x64) with Symantec System Recovery 2011 (Build 10.0.0.39952) installed.

When the Restoring SBSA or APPSA it fails every time in all ways we have tried:

Convert sv2i to Hyper-V fail: The on  start runs the mini setup, then updates, then randomly reboots. after that we recieve the stop 7b error. but the data on the .vhd can be mounted and accessed.

Create Hyper-V guest and use System Recovery Disk fails: Towards the end of the restore a "Recover My Computer Wizard" box pops up with the message:

Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed,
Can::ReadFileFrameReal: .\Can.cpp(826): Read Failure.

Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed,
Can::ReadFileFrameReal: .\Can.cpp(826): Read Failure.

with an Ok button that takes you to the menu screen.

Convert to VMware Server Disk fails: the convert stops at 99% with 3 seconds to go (With or without "Run Windows Mini-Setup").

Convert s2vi using VMware Player 3.1 fails: very slow reading the s2vi file and then i enter the password and straght away i get the error from VMware Player:

Failed to open virtual machine: Failed to query source for information.

We have tried a One off recovery point on-site and taken it to the off-site location and recieve the same issues.

Please can some one suggest any ideas

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Maybe a dumb question: Why don't you backup all VMs from the Host by installing SSR on HOSTA ?

criley
Employee Accredited

Have you tried opening the recovery points into the recovery point browser and the run a manual verify to confirm the image files are valid? (i.e. not corrupt)

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any Updates here ?

dtswarbrick
Level 2

You can not restore files from a guest if you backup from the host, without restoring the whole guest vhd.