cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring a Win7 encrypted file

GhostUser_UK
Level 2

Forum,

I use windows-7 64-bit Ultimate and use Ghost to back up my machine. When I finally needed to recover something, it failed because the file was encrypted.

I've searched the knowledge base to no avail. The recovery point browser directories open up just like windows explorer. I see the file I want and get this message:

Error EC8B0037: Cannot view <filename>. Viewing files that have been encrypted is not supported within this application. Mount the V2i file and view using Windows Explorer.

This is about as meaningful to me as hieroglyphics.

Any suggestions?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!  INCIDENTALLY, Symantec's drop boxes below this message I'm composing doesn't even list the correct software under "Backup and Recovery". 

I AM USING GHOST.

I'm really not at impressed by this company's software, website or technical support.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have a look here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH110260

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you solved the issue ?

GhostUser_UK
Level 2

Yes! I don't use Ghost anymore. Cheers!

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Fine, please mark this post as solved then.