cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Mini-Setup during restore of a Domain Controller (Ws2k8 R2)

jonnob
Level 4

Hey again. I'm currently trying to restore a backup created in System Recovery 2013 and was wondering if I should select to run Mini-Setup.

I am trying to restore to a Domain Controller running Windows Server 2008 R2, but when it gets to the setup screen after image has been restored it complains about parsing the unattended installation file, something to do with specialized? It then asks me to reboot the PC, and then goes to the setup is preparing your computer for first use screen, at which point another error appears stating that the computer restarted unexpectedly.  

I'm not really sure why it is doing this. I can only assume it doesn't like Mini-Setup on the Domain Controller? Moreover, do I even need to run Mini-Setup in this situation. I'm really not sure, bit worrying...

Cheers

Jon

1 REPLY 1

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee
Hi John, Are you trying to restore image of domain controller on different hardware? If you are restoring on the similar hardware there is no need to run minisetup. Please refer to best practices article: http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/symantec-system-recovery-2011-protecting-active-directory-domain-controllers which is still applicable to SSR 2013 -Thanks, Pravin