cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBESR 2010 hangs at same percent % every time

marinebio72
Not applicable

When making a backup with SBESR 2010, it will hang/stall at the same point every time (in this case 58/59%).  Prior to that it proceeds normally, and at normal speed.  Once it hits that point, the backup no longer does anything, and the time to completion continues to grow rather than shrink.  I have left it running for upwards of 12 hours to no avail.

I can note that I am quite certain there is something physically wrong with the drive.  To back it up, I have attempted to run it ignoring bad sectors, but it does not change the outcome.  I have also tried to run a chkdsk on it, which also will hang without completing.

At the moment, I am backing up across eSATA to the local installation disk in win7x64.  I have attempted to run the backup in pre-boot mode with the SRD, and that proceeds much further (it appeared to show 90+% completion, but hung at 6:xx minutes remaining for 12+ hours).

The answer may simply be that I cannot back it up, but I wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions or solutions.

thanks!  (also, if this is placed in the wrong place, please let me know, and i'll attempt to move it elsewhere).

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you are quite certain there is something wrong with the fysical disks? Why don't your start with investigating this further or replacing something. If Backup Exec cannot read from the disk the files cannot be backupped.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I suspect the product is System Recovery...NOT Backup Exec.

I've moved it to the right forum...

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Anyway, the problem remains the same, if there is something wrong with the hardware (disks), Bacup Exec (SR) will not fix it.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

have also tried to run a chkdsk on it, which also will hang without completing.

This says it all. This surely seems to be complete hardware problem. May be adding another hard drive and testing with it will give much clearer picture.

Thanks,

-Sush...