Did you mean: 

SDR will not detect SATA drives - SBS Server Edition

RayBas
Level 2
Partner Accredited
OS is Windows SBS 2003
Controller is Promise FastTrak TX4310
Storage driver is latest vista compatiable driver from Promise

I have a Promise FastTrak TX4310 RAID controller setup as RAID0. When booting from the SDR to recover the computer, the SATA hard drive is not detected. I downloaded and loaded a Vista storage driver in the SDR application but still no drive seen, only attached USB drive, Floppy and CDROM.
Any ideas as to this will work with this controller or has any one tried it with a Promise SATA300 TX4 non-RAID controller?

I'm not sure what's going on as the driver load successfully, is there another way to load this driver or at least verify it's even loading correctly?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

AJT
Level 6
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272

Maybe this will help you see if the driver is loaded. There is probably another raid driver interfering with the driver you are trying to load, have you tried making a custom SRD. Try “Create Custom Recovery Disk CD” from BESR and add your raid driver, then boot to the new SRD.

PS: Add the Visa/Windows 2008 X86 driver. If you are using Restore Anyware for X64 have that driver for the restore.

Hope Tis helps :)

RayBas
Level 2
Partner Accredited
There are no RAID drivers loaded as the original image came from a system running IDE drive. Trying to restore to original system but now with new SATA RAID controller and drive.

Not sure how to create custom recovery disk CD from BESR. I'm currenty running a trial version and didn't see any options about creating custom CD. Please explain how to do this. Note this is a 32 bit system and the driver I'm loading is vista compatiable for this controller.

Thanks

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Does DISKPART see the volumes? (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300415)

RayBas
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Diskpart only shows DVD-ROM and External USB Hard Drive volumes. I does not show internal SATA drive.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
If diskpart does not see the drives, then it possible that the drivers are not loaded correctly. Remember to use the 32-bit drivers, as the SRD is 32-bit based. Either try other drivers, or create a custom recovery disk:

Open BESR, click on the TOOLS icon. From the menu along the top, click TASKS, then CREATE RECOVERY DISK... and follow the wizard. This wizard compares drivers on your computer against the drivers on the recovery disk, and creates a recovery disk with those missing drivers.