cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Upgrade Installed Products Link not Showing SIM!

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

I've got this issue, we are using SSR MS 2013 and I want to upgrade to SSR MS 2013 R2 however when I use SIM (Symantec Installation Manager) it shows the Installer and SSR MS 2013 R2 as new products.

When I select these products the installer then recognizes that these products are already installed albeit an earlier version and then suggests that I use the Upgrade Installed Products link.

However the only thing available under there is the SMP 7.5 which I don't want to install as it will remove SSR MS 2013.

The question is why isn't SSR MS 2013 R" and the latest version of SIM showing under "Upgrade installed products"

Hope I'm making sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean please?

I checked this here and SSR-MS 2013 R2 and SMP 7.5 are both showing in the section for 'Upgrade installed products'.

One thing to be aware of, once you click on 'Upgrade installed products', you then need to click on the grey box at the top of the screen and select 7.5 (this is because 7.5 SP1 is not supported yet). Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean please?

I checked this here and SSR-MS 2013 R2 and SMP 7.5 are both showing in the section for 'Upgrade installed products'.

One thing to be aware of, once you click on 'Upgrade installed products', you then need to click on the grey box at the top of the screen and select 7.5 (this is because 7.5 SP1 is not supported yet). Hope this helps.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

That was my mistake, it was highlighting 7.5 SP1.

Thankyou so much for getting back so promptly with the solution.

Do you know if there is anything I should be aware of regarding the SSR MS 2013 R2 upgrade, for instance any gotchas?

criley
Employee Accredited

No problem, glad it's working for you now.

I am not aware of any 'gotchas' regarding the upgrade, no.