cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP with TLS authentication

cjm
Level 2

I want to setup and test SMTP notifications, but I cannot figure out what how to configure TLS and port.  My e-mail provider is Office 365.  They require me to use port 587 and TLS authentication for SMTP relaying.  How do I configure this in system recovery 2013?  Also, how to I generate test e-mails to test out this configuration?

As a side note, apparently I cannot submit a support ticket with the trial edition.  A) it does not let me choose windows 8, B) it gives me an error: Enter at least one of the following fields: Customer Number, Contact ID, Support ID, Serial Number and Existing case number.

In general finding and then getting the trial edition and then getting support for it has been really cumbersome; I wonder how many customers they are driving away.  Symantec would really benefit from streamlining this process.

1 REPLY 1

Mahesh_Nayak
Level 4
Employee Certified

Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) or Symantec System Recovery (SSR) SMTP notification option does not support SSL & TLS security

As a workaround, a VB Script can be utilized to send a notification. However, running a VB Script may be blocked by a provider or mail server. Refer  : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH87551

Also you could try below article : 

How to change the SMTP port number used for notifications in Backup Exec System Recovery