cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Erreurs : EC8F17D9 + EC8F17D8 + EBAB03F1

badlu
Level 2

Bonjour,

Ce post est pour un client qui sollicite mon aide. Son produit est un : Symantec System Recovery 2011 V10.0.3.45857. L'agent est en 10.0.0.39952 lui. OS Windows 2008.

Depuis quelques jours il reçoit ce message par email :

Type de notification : Erreur Priorité : Moyen

Description : Erreur EC8F17D9 : Impossible de terminer le regroupement planifié des points de récupération incrémentiels de DATA_1 (E:\).

Erreur EC8F17D8 : Impossible de terminer le regroupement des points de récupération incrémentiels.

Erreur EBAB03F1 : Paramètre incorrect.

Détails : Paramètre incorrect.

J'ai trouvé une page sur Internet qui parle de ces deux erreurs dans le même email. Il n'y a pas eu de solution apportée. Lorsque j'ouvre la console SSR 2011 et que je sélectionne l'ordinateur pour lequel le mail est envoyé j'ai un joli check vert comme quoi tout va bien...

Est-ce que quelqu'un a déjà été confronté à cet email et sait y apporter une solution ?

par avance merci.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can always refer : http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO48519 for such isssues.

Please mark the post as "Solved"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

In English please !

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

WIth regards to your Query,

Hello,

This post is for a client seeking help. Its product is a : Symantec System Recovery 2011 V10.0.3.45857 . The agent is 10.0.0.39952 him. Windows 2008 OS .

For a few days he received this email :

Notification Type : Error Priority: Medium

Description: EC8F17D9 Error: Could not complete the planned consolidation of incremental recovery points of DATA_1 (E : \).

EC8F17D8 error : Can not complete consolidation of incremental recovery points .

EBAB03F1 error : The parameter is incorrect .

Details : The parameter is incorrect .

I found a page on the internet that talks about these two errors in the same email . There was no solution provided . When I open the console and SSR 2011 I select the computer to which the mail is sent I have a nice green check as if everything goes well ...

Does anyone ever faced this email knows there a solution ?

thank you in advance .

I will request you to share the information of below questions :

1. Operating System 
2. The Destination ( Local or Network )
3. Do you have an offsite copy configured 
4. Is the destination swapped.

It seems to be a Incremental backup job and from the error message I could see that , SSR keeps the backup jobs on the destination as per the limit assigned.
Thus it is trying to delete the recovery points and it is not able to find the consolidated number of recovery points on the destination. This means some recovery points are located on a different destination. Thus will request you to keep the requery points on a fixed destination.

Hope this helps

badlu
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for quick answer. I don't really know the case but I will try to give you the missing items.

1. SSR 2011 is running on a Windows 2008.

2. I far as I know, this is Local (D:) to Network (NAS).

3. Offsite copy configured, I would say no.

4. not sure to understand.

I attached a screenshot, I don't know if it can help you or not. I can tell you if there is a different location for the recovery points but I think there isn't.

At the moment I'am not sure what I have to do. Erase the restore points ?

Thanks for your help.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Give it a try !

badlu
Level 2

Hello,

I may have found why we were receiving error notification by mail. I simply changed things in red on the screenshot.

Tools > Manage backup storage > Settings.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can always refer : http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO48519 for such isssues.

Please mark the post as "Solved"