cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SR 2013 R2 Windows 10 Restore - Windows Validation Fail

Shite
Level 3

Hi.

Have SR 2013 R2 SP4 running on SSD running Windows 10 Pro.

Windows 10 was an upgrade on Win 7 Pro.

Want to migrate to new Harware.

Full Backup taken and stored on 2nd hard drive.

Installed NEW SSD and transferred 2nd drive to new PC.

Ran SRD from USB.... Looked OK.  Selected Restore Anywhere with MBR etc.

However... when new PC Boots, it will only log on into Administrator User Account and displays message:

"System Protection Tool 3.14

Sysprep was not able to validate your windows installation.  Review the log file....\ setupact.log for details."

Have Veritas/Symantec found a solution for this Microsoft License Issue?

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

This does not sound like an issue with System Recovery to me. If you google that error message, there are several people out there that have run into this issue.

I would suggest reviewing the log that is mentioned to see what it shows. It will hopefully give some clues as to what the root cause is.

Shite
Level 3

Hi Chris.

It has to be a Veritas Issue / Concern.

Do you think Microsoft are going to troubleshoot the issue of using Veritas System Recovery Restore Anywhere?

Sysprep seems to be a tool used for Corporate Image Distribution using Microsoft Produced Images.

Surely you are not suggesting that we dump our Veritas Solution in favour of good old microsoft's built in recovery image solution?

criley
Employee Accredited

No, I'm not saying that at all.

The restore anyware process invokes sysprep. If it's the sysprep process causing this, then clearly the root cause is not System Recovery. That said, it's too early to jump to conclusions. What does the log show?