cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRD credentials

Liviu
Level 3

I am a beginner, testing System Recovery 2013 R2 Desktop edition. I created a SRD on Win 7. I boot a computer with SRD (Windows XP on it, no System Recovery installed). testing purpose is cold backup and remote recovery. from the System Recovery on Win 7 I try to connect to SRD. it asks for credentials. I do not know which credentials to introduce. please, help.

thank you very much!

23 REPLIES 23

criley
Employee Accredited

I am not sure if I understood correctly from the userguide, but there would be possible some kind of direct data connection to the LightsOut Restore environment?

No, sorry.

I do not need RILO or DRAC because there are no servers, and because there is a person in the office who can boot the system into LightsOut Restore environment. I just need remote access to the LightsOut Restore environment or Recovery Disc.

But you still need to make that remote connection into the recovery environment. This is where UltraVNC comes in.

Liviu
Level 3

thank you very much for support! but for UltraVnc I need special hardware, right?

Liviu
Level 3

like IntelAmt?

criley
Employee Accredited

Not as far as I know.

If you want me to provide you with a document that explains how to use UltraVNC with SSR, please sent me a private message with your email address.