cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRD for Optiplex 760

Bakinup
Level 4

I am trying to connect a Dell Optiplex 760  XP box to the Network from the SRD. I have  8.0 and 8.5  SRD's made on this particular machine. I keep getting Network adapter error " Could Not Get Network Adapters"   We have tried a new SRD with the driver from the drivers directory on the hard drive, We set the Sata to Legacy mode and  tried 8.0 and 8.5 SRD's and we just cannot connect to the network. We tried loading the drivers manually after the CD boots up. Is there a special driver for this machine to connect to a network???? 

On a normal bootup the PC works fine. It is a new computer.

Any help is certainly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marcogsp
Level 6
I have several Optiplex 760's in my environment, and got the SRD to work with the onboard Intel 825xx 3GB NIC  Make sure you are using the Vista drivers since the recovery environment is Vista/Server 2008 PE based.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AJT
Level 6
Is the network adaptor built into the motherboard, if so can you get a generic Intel PCI network card and see if the SRD will work with that?

PS: I know it's not the best solution but at least you can get the restore/Restore Anyware to work.

Hope this helps :)

marcogsp
Level 6
I have several Optiplex 760's in my environment, and got the SRD to work with the onboard Intel 825xx 3GB NIC  Make sure you are using the Vista drivers since the recovery environment is Vista/Server 2008 PE based.

Bakinup
Level 4
I think I finally figured out what was happening. The computer I'm trying to backup has a XP downgrade. So the Network driver was an XP driver with the same name as the Vista 32 driver. When I made the SRD I seleced custom and  deleted the the XP driver the SRD had found and reloaded the Vista 32 driver.
Funny they had the same name. After that The connection was made. And I made the connection  As well !

Problem Solved
Thanks

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Good information...thanks for the follow up. The next major release of BESR should be based on an upgrade WinPE kernal, such as Windows 2008.