cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2011 Can't create recovery point set (grayed out)

KarbonKopy
Level 4

I've been really frustrated with this one and have tried just about everything. I installed SSR 2011 onto a Windows Server 2008 R2 OS and am backing up to two drives onto a external drive. The C drive works just fine with a recovery point set, but the D drive refuses to do so and will only let me select a independent recovery claiming the recovery point set option is disabled because you selected an unmounted drive. The other error I will get is that I already have this drive in a backup set and need to delete it if I want to create another one. There are no other backup sets for that drive. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall....delete history and settings files....and repair installs and nothing seems to work. I'd love to see if anyone out there has had this issue or knows where I can start to get it solved....thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KarbonKopy
Level 4

To anyone that might have this issue in the future, the cause of the issue was Carbonite. The client uses it as a 2nd backup solution in case of total disaster. The Carbonite running cause SSR to not be able to do the incremental backups on the drive. Scheduling Carbonite to run at certains times solved the issue. I told them SSR can upload to a FTP but their backups are rather large (200 GB + for the inital) and would take forever to transfer over a ftp.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

criley
Employee Accredited

recovery point set option is disabled because you selected an unmounted drive.

Can you supply a screenshot of this message?

Is there anything special about this volume? Is it unmounted?

Do you have SP1 (10.0.1) installed? (check in Help/About)

Linas
Level 6

Have you tried on the client under Tasks to do a “One Time Backup”

And can you select the drive here if not there maybe an issue with the drive geometery it seems Symantec is very sensitive with this and if there are problems with the drive you will not be able to back it up

KarbonKopy
Level 4

Yeah I can do independant backups no problem, but incremental it will not allow.

KarbonKopy
Level 4

Here you go. Sometimes I get this error message, the other talks about hwo this drive already has a recovery point selected for it...

I have 10.0.1.41704 installed at the moment. Nothing special about this drive at all. Both the C and D drives are in a RAID5 array but I have several servers in the same boat with no issue.

criley
Employee Accredited

Has the volume been resized at any stage?

I think this is probably going to need a support case..

KarbonKopy
Level 4

No, its been the same as it has since install a few months ago. Sadly...I think it might as well but wanted to see if I could work it from the forums first. Darnit.

Linas
Level 6

Bad news call support

KarbonKopy
Level 4

To anyone that might have this issue in the future, the cause of the issue was Carbonite. The client uses it as a 2nd backup solution in case of total disaster. The Carbonite running cause SSR to not be able to do the incremental backups on the drive. Scheduling Carbonite to run at certains times solved the issue. I told them SSR can upload to a FTP but their backups are rather large (200 GB + for the inital) and would take forever to transfer over a ftp.