cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2011 Cannot Consolidate Incremental Recovery Points

Talto
Level 3

I'm backing up all of my server with SSR 2011.  Two of them are getting the errors below.  I've checked to make sure that SSR is fully updated.  The other servers with the exact version, settings, and data location are not giving these errors.  Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Notification Type: Error

Priority: Medium

Description: Error EC8F17D9: Cannot complete scheduled consolidation of incremental recovery points for Shares (E:\).

Error EC8F17D8: Cannot complete consolidation of incremental recovery points.

Error EBAB03F1: The parameter is incorrect.

Details: The parameter is incorrect.

Notification Type: Error

Priority: High

Description: Error EC8F17D8: Cannot complete consolidation of incremental recovery points.

Error EBAB03F1: The parameter is incorrect.

Details: The parameter is incorrect.

17 REPLIES 17

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Let me escalate this to support for you !

Talto
Level 3

Thanks...how do I follow up with this?

GSD12
Level 2
Partner

I also intermittently get this error and it's very annoying. Can you post the fix once resolved.

kaplang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Has a resolution to this issue been found yet.  I too have experienced this problem, mine on desktop ed. on a winxp machine.

gk

Talto
Level 3

Nothing yet...not sure if it ever got "escalated"

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Which version of SSR 2011 are you running exactly ? SP1/2/3 ?

Talto
Level 3

I don't know how to check the SP level, but the version under "About" is 10.0.1.41704. Does that help?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

This is SP1, can you run liveupdate to update to SP3 ?

Talto
Level 3

I've run liveupdate several times on both systems with the problem, but it says the product is up to date.  I'm downloading SP3 now to do a manual update.  Will update here once that is complete.

Talto
Level 3

So I'm running the SP3 install right now and it's been stuck in the same position on the progress bar for the past hour...is that normal?

Talto
Level 3

I just opened the program and went to "About" and it shows that the version has been updated to 10.0.3.45857.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Yep, you're now at SP3 ! Can you check if the error still comes  up ?

Talto
Level 3

The SP3 install never completed...the progress bar is stuck at about 90%...been like that for a day now.  I'm just going to kill it.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

But you said you opend the program and "About" showed 10.0.3 ?!

Talto
Level 3

Yes...that was after that progress bar was on the screen at 90% for a few hours.  I then just tried to open the program to see if maybe the system was locked up and the program opened, but that progress bar was still up and at 90%.  Let it sit over night and killed it just now and I have a bunch of errors.  Tried to reinstall the SP3 and it will not install now with error about the install package.

kaplang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

It is now December 28, 2012.  Has Symantec come up with a resolution to the original problem?

GK

GSD12
Level 2
Partner

I read somewhere that the issue is because the machine hasn't been shutdown properly. Therefore, when the incremental runs, it can't compare the image properly to the previous ones (something to do with the loading of the drivers at startup not being in the right order). One solution was to move/delete all the incrementals and run a full backup and see if this works. That solution actually worked for about a week for me, but then it came back. I ended up using Acronis Trueimage on this particular PC. I'd already invested enough time in the problem without any clean solution.