cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2011 License Keys - Why two?

dale_m1
Level 4

Hello,

I recently ordered a Symantec System Recovery Server 2011 License.  The associated documentation includes two license keys.  At installation I tried the first key and it was accepted. 

Can anyone tell me the purpose of the second license key? 

Thank You,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ncoday
Level 3
Employee

Hi Dale, The second activation key is for Symantec System Recovery 2011 for Desktops. The download is the same as what you used to install the Server Edition.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

dale_m1
Level 4

Thanks Markus,

Before posting this thread I tried clicking the link for licensing issues on, I believe, my MyStmantec site - the link was broken.  I subsequently called the Symantec phone number for logging a case and received the response that ...we are unavailabe to help at this time, please leave a message.  (This was within the advertised business hours).  I don't know why Symantec cannot make it sufficiently clear on the provided license details page why they are providing two license keys. 

Maybe I'll just write a letter.

Thanks,

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Yep, drop them a mail.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Or call

TECH SUPPORT----1-800-634-4747(US)-----44 870 606 6000 (UK)

Let us know if this is resolved.

mustard_man
Level 4

read the details of licenses , what does it say ?

ncoday
Level 3
Employee

Hi Dale, The second activation key is for Symantec System Recovery 2011 for Desktops. The download is the same as what you used to install the Server Edition.

dale_m1
Level 4

ncoday,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the late response.

Is this then a single desktop license that can be used on a separate machine from that on which the server license is used?

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Dale,

Yes Installation Software is the same source installation for each supported Windows Operating System and can be installed on any of these machines successfully.  However, the proper licensing must be available for BESR to be activated and for all the features to function properly.

Please refer : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55346 

dale_m1
Level 4

ncoday & Tripti

Thank you for your responses - very much appreciated.

That answers my question completely.