cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2011 Silent Install - SSRSecurityShortCut not found Feature Table

epersonwci
Level 2

I am attempting to script a silent install of Symantec System Recovery 2011 using the instructions on the following page: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH59265.

I am using the exact command line listed, but I get the errror below in the installation log:

MSI (s) (E0:30) [15:42:39:197]: Note: 1: 2711 2: SSRSecurityShortCut 
MSI (s) (E0:30) [15:42:39:197]: Product: Symantec System Recovery 2011 -- Error 2711.The specified Feature name ('SSRSecurityShortCut') not found in Feature table.

Error 2711.The specified Feature name ('SSRSecurityShortCut') not found in Feature table.

How can I correct this?  Please let me know if I can provide any further information to help troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks in advance.
11 REPLIES 11

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Try to run the installation with the MSI Parameter /l*v, then search in the logfile for ADDLOCAL. In this string you'll find all the options that you can specify.

epersonwci
Level 2

What would be the affect of removing the SSRSecurityShortCut property?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

That it won't get installed.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are you trying to install this locally or remotely? 

epersonwci
Level 2

I am running the command locally, but the installation source is on a network share.

criley
Employee Accredited

Instead of using SSRSecurityShortCut in the command line, can you try SecurityShortcut

Let us know if that helps.

epersonwci
Level 2

I get the same error:

Error 2711.The specified Feature name ('SecurityShortcut') not found in Feature table.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried opening the MSI file with the Orca Utility ?

HariSingh
Level 3
Employee

1. On the Symantec System Recovery 2011 CD, change to the Install directory(<drive>:\install).

2. Run the following command: (Do not add space between feature names)
Setup.exe /s /v"/qn AddLocal=Agent,Shared,SecurityShortCut,Gear /l*v %temp%\SSRInstall.log"

criley
Employee Accredited

I can confirm that the command line mentioned above by Hari works here for me.

I think maybe 2 things caused this to fail for you:

1. The switch changed from SSRSecurityShortCut to SecurityShortCut (as I pointed out above)
  2. The command line may have an additional space causing a problem

I will update the TechNote (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH59265) once I confirm which version of the product the change was made (point 1 above).

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did you manage to install successfully ?