cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2011 and Intel NIC Driver

RossG
Level 4
Partner

Trying to test SSR 2011 to disimmilar hardware on  SBS 2011 (windows 2008 R2)...  Nothing but time consuming frustrating disaster so far and no result.  No speedy recovery... building server would have been more efficeint

1) Have Backuped  the machine (HP proliant DL385 -G7) and put image in external sotrage  - 

2) Build a serer with Intel Sb1200 board...  usinfg SATA raid storage and Intel 82579LM GB NIC on board

2) Boot the DR machine and load the SSR2011 SRD.

2.5) check on anlyze and dislpart for CLEAN disk and STATUS

4) Locate the image system files and load them at the SSR2011 recovery console. (system reserved  & drive C backup) 

4.5) It detects the Raid storage for destination

5) Uncheck C and Edit the option for System Reserved. < Set drive active (for booting OS), Do not restore original disk signature and check master boot record

6) Recover system reserve and it is successful

6) Edit the option for Drive C. < Do not restore original disk signature and unccheck all option except Restore Anywhere to recover to different hardware checkbox > and select the option <Prompt for drivers>.  

7) Start recivery,...  Process tkaes 24 hours  plus (200GB)

8) at 99% it asks for a NIC driver..... laster on I realize itis for 82579LM

9) I have literraly attempted to load allthe dirvers supplied by intel none is accepted.  (32 bit, 64 bit)  any dirver in the PRO1000\ndis61 directory

so frustrating...

10) I ended up do ing ignore tovontine,.... after another several hours....it finished

11) SBS 2011 loads but nothing comes up only server manger...  NO start mrnu or icons 

12) attempted to load missing drivers using safre mode....  It seems two items are listed and still no driver is accepted.

I do not know what to do andappreciate any  help on this, I tried to be specific.... so readers can follow,  I also loaded a screen shot of the screen forthe drivers  not accepted.

Regards,

Ross

Pleales advise....

10) Restart the machine. 

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited

8) at 99% it asks for a NIC driver..... laster on I realize itis for 82579LM

At this stage, the driver required is for the operating system you are restoring. So you need to ensure you are adding a driver that is compatible with SBS 2011.