cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 Custom Recovery Disk, PCAnywhere

kaplang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

In creating the custom recover disk, when I come to the screen where I indicate the destination for the created .iso file, there is also an option for PCAnywhere services.  However, it is greyed out and I am unable to select it.  I've tried several times.

Is this option tied to anything else that I may have missed?

This is on an Windows 2012 server.

Thoughts?  Thanx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

This is my understanding...

There is no 64bit version of the pcAnywhere ThinHost so this is why the option is greyed out when creating a custom 64bit recovery disk.

The only way to workaround this is to create a 32bit recovery disk and this can only be done on a 32bit machine.

Not ideal I know but I hope this info helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

This is my understanding...

There is no 64bit version of the pcAnywhere ThinHost so this is why the option is greyed out when creating a custom 64bit recovery disk.

The only way to workaround this is to create a 32bit recovery disk and this can only be done on a 32bit machine.

Not ideal I know but I hope this info helps.

kaplang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your comment.  It helps in the sense that it explains the problem.

Would I be correct in assuming that Symantec is end-of-lifeing PCA since everything is going 64bit?

smiley

criley
Employee Accredited

Would I be correct in assuming that Symantec is end-of-lifeing PCA since everything is going 64bit?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this. I'm not aware of any plans to end-of-life PCA.