cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 - Hangs when viewing Backup History

unimatter
Level 3

In SSR 2013, when I click on Advanced -> Backup History, it starts listing the backup history, which contains hundreds or thousands of entries.  It takes a few minutes while it adds every item to the list, from oldest to newest.  When it looks like it is done and I can see the newest items, it clears the list and starts over.  It stays stuck in that loop until I kill it.  How can I purge the Backup History, either clear it completely, or preferably, remove the old items like more than 3 months old?

4 REPLIES 4

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

unimatter
Level 3

Thanks, I've come across that, but I don't want to lose my jobs, and also don't want to lose the image history for my Backup Destinations.  The history folder contains *.pqh, *.ffh, *.policy files, and a RPAM_History.dat file.  Any idea what each of these contain, and what can be safely deleted individually?

The biggest problem with the list seemed to be with the File and Folder backups, which happen multiple times per day and it was trying to list a few years worth of history.  Perhaps just removing FileFolder.ffh will do the trick?  I just want to make sure that file is only used for history (File and Folder) and not tied to anything else.

unimatter
Level 3

The FileFolder.ffh file is in XML format and does contain the history of File and Folder backups (3 years worth) that seems to be choking SSR.  I stopped the service, deleted the file, and restarted the service.  As soon as I clicked on the Backup History tab again, FileFolder.ffh reappeared with the same size and contents, and SSR was choking again.  I looked around and could not figure out where SSR was finding a copy of this file and restoring it after I removed it???

I thought it would create a new empty file and all would be well!

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

May be you just deleted one file and there were other files retaining the history, try opening a support ticket or send a screen shot of the described issue.