Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 Management Solution and SP1

STHN
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I would like to know what happed if I upgraded my System Recovery 2013 Management Solution to SP1. I just did it in a test environment. There is no update package for SP1. I wonder how it is deployed? Is there a way to choose what is deployed to the clients or is it just client is in filter for deployment policy = he gets the SP1 installed/updated?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The upgrade to SSR 2013 SP1 is found in SIM. under the INSTALL NEW PRODUCTS or UPGRADE CURRENT PRODUCTS. The former allows you to upgrade the products one at a time, rather than all of them at once...if that's what you want. If you don't see these updates, make sure you update the product listing and make turn both filters at the top to NONE. 

Once you upgrade the SSR 2013 installer through SIM to SSR 2013 Sp1, you can set up a filter by the SSR 2013 version. The version you are upgrading will show as 11.0.46600, which you are upgrading to 11.0.1.47662. The SSR plugin will upgrade from version 11.0.46601, which you are upgrading to 11.0.47667. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Afaik you can edit this filter and select what you want to depoly.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The upgrade to SSR 2013 SP1 is found in SIM. under the INSTALL NEW PRODUCTS or UPGRADE CURRENT PRODUCTS. The former allows you to upgrade the products one at a time, rather than all of them at once...if that's what you want. If you don't see these updates, make sure you update the product listing and make turn both filters at the top to NONE. 

Once you upgrade the SSR 2013 installer through SIM to SSR 2013 Sp1, you can set up a filter by the SSR 2013 version. The version you are upgrading will show as 11.0.46600, which you are upgrading to 11.0.1.47662. The SSR plugin will upgrade from version 11.0.46601, which you are upgrading to 11.0.47667. 

STHN
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Andy,

thanks for your reply. This means that nothing will be updated automatically? You will HAVE to create that filter?

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

SSR MS managed machines update only when the SSR MS administrator sends that job out to the machines. This is to allow you (the IT admin) to maintain product version control. Setting up a filter is fairly simple to do - you can set on up to run the SP1 installer on any machine that is running 2013. 

STHN
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Good to know. Thank you!

SymUserIK
Level 2

Can you describe creating filter step by step?

Thank you.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Here is a simple way to create a filter from the manual:

Open SSR MS. 

1.On the Symantec System Recovery 2013 Management Solution Manage Tasks tab, in the left pane, select any specific filter.
2 On the Filter results bar in the middle pane, select a field.
3 Continue selecting the filters you want to further refine the displayed results in the table.
4 Click the star icon to the right of the filter path.
5 Type a name that you want to give to the filtered results path.
6 Click OK to add the filtered results path to the Favorites area in the left pane.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6257

SymUserIK
Level 2

Understood. Sorry, but how can i deploy SP1 to filtered computers (I have saved filter by version 11.0.0.46600 into favorites)? I don't see my favorite filter in Packages and Policies - Aplied To - FIltering rules.

Thanks for help.