cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 R2 SP4 and Server 2003 R2

mthrall
Level 4

I've only just realised that SSR 2013 R2 SP4 no longer seems to suppoer server 2003, unfortunately we still have a number of 2003 servers knocking around that I need to install SSR on.

Is there a way to get this working?  Either by pushing out an earlier package or some clever install method?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

Actually, that is not the reason. I had forgotten that we no longer provide access to older versions (due to a legal reason, I won't bore you with the details).

I don't know why SIM is still listing the older versions since download is not possible. This is clearly misleading and I have asked for the reference to the older versions be removed.

In summary, we are no longer allowed to distribute older versions of the product for legal reasons.

Whilst 2003 is no longer supported with SSR 2013 R2, I believe install should still work. Support for this version is limited at best due to Microsoft ending life of this operating system.

Hope this helps. Apologies for the earlier misinformation.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Yep, you need the older Version.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

SSR 2013 without R2 should do the trick

mthrall
Level 4

Can I deploy the older version from an SSR 2013 R2 management solution server?  I imagine the plug in will be the problem?

criley
Employee Accredited

That may work but is no longer supported by Veritas I'm afraid.

mthrall
Level 4

great, is there a way to rollback the updates installed?

criley
Employee Accredited

Sorry, not sure what you mean?

mthrall
Level 4

roll back the service packs to a version that does support server 2003.  I'm guessing no so instead I tried to install the 2013 non R2 version from packages and policies, but it seems to have copied the install folders over empty....

criley
Employee Accredited

You would need to completely uninstall 2013 R2, then reboot. Then install 2013 (non R2).

My guess is that you have not downloaded the 2013 installer files through SIM which is why those folders are empty. The 2013 installer files are not downloaded by default.

mthrall
Level 4

OK how do I configure SIM to download those installer files it doesnt seem self explanatory. 

criley
Employee Accredited

I have tested here and there appears to be a problem with this ..

Basically, I had to remove the 2013 R2 installer files, then I could see the older versions when going to add a new product. With the 2013 R2 installer already installed, nothing is listed in the install new product section for some reason.

So you could workaround this by first removing the 2013 R2 installer files. I have reported this issue to our engineering team.

mthrall
Level 4

So I uninstall Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 SP4 Installer x64-x86 from the installed products page, then go to add new products and re-install this along with any other previous versions that I need?

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes, and make sure you tick the box to show all versions (at the bottom of the screen).

Obviously you need to ensure that the product listing file is pointing at the Veritas version.

mthrall
Level 4

Yeah the problem seems t be the system recovery plug in, that will not install and there is no way to download an earlier version that I can see.

In fact actually the whole process didnt work the folders for previous versions are still empty despite installing them and they are not listed on the installed products page.  I assume this is because they are not compatbile with the new symantec management console

criley
Employee Accredited

Actually, that is not the reason. I had forgotten that we no longer provide access to older versions (due to a legal reason, I won't bore you with the details).

I don't know why SIM is still listing the older versions since download is not possible. This is clearly misleading and I have asked for the reference to the older versions be removed.

In summary, we are no longer allowed to distribute older versions of the product for legal reasons.

Whilst 2003 is no longer supported with SSR 2013 R2, I believe install should still work. Support for this version is limited at best due to Microsoft ending life of this operating system.

Hope this helps. Apologies for the earlier misinformation.

mthrall
Level 4

Yeah the install doesnt run when pushed out from the management solution.  I can force them to run by browsing to the file location and running the .exe but then the OS got stuck in a boot loop. 

I've bodged a work around by copying the agent and SSR 2011 install from on old decomissioned  2011 management solution box