cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 R2 System Recovery Disk Creation Problems

SeaDog
Level 2

I am having a similar problem as in another thread.  I can not create a System Recovery Disk with R2.  Previous version worked fine.  The application detects the DVD drives (I have tried 2 different drives).  However when it gets to the point of checking the drive for burning the disk it reports "no media present".  I'm using blank DVD-R disks. I have tried several times unsuccessfully.  I tried creating an ISO file and then burning it to disk using NCH Express Burner (licensed version) on a workstation running Windows 7.  The Burner completes and validates the disk successfully, but when I re-insert it to look at the file structure the disk is reported as blank.

It appears the disk burning feature and ISO creation of the SRD creator is broken.

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

I would suggest opening a support case for this issue.

As a workaround, can you create a USB SRD?

SeaDog
Level 2

I will try both of your recommendations, but will have to get a larger USB memory stick.

SeaDog
Level 2

I started a case and the tech has been very helpful.  It turns out not all DVD drives are able to write the SRD file.  Also you must insert a blank disk before you launch the SRD creator. I used another DVD drive and it worked if the blank disk is inserted before the launch.

I was able to create a USB version earlier.