cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 SP1

jtburnett
Level 4

I'm subscribed to Chris' posts, and I received an email reply to a post about SSR 2013 SP1. Huh? First time I heard of it's existance. Does a home user need to worry about SP1? The program doesn't automatically check, and tell me if there's an update? I don't even receive an email about it? I have to remember to check Symantec's website manually, occassionally, to see if it's current?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

The third digit in build no i.e. 11.0.1.47662 denotes the Service Pack number. This build is SSR 2013 Service Pack1 build. SSR 2013 is moreover marketing release name while 11.0 relates to release sequence number.

Hope this clarifies your query.

-Thanks,

Pravin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If you have live update enabled you should get it automatically.

jtburnett
Level 4

Thanks for replying.

I do have Live Update! enabled. Forgot it was there, Symantec tells me so often "this is SSR, and not Ghost...", Oh yeah, Ghost had that, as it did the exact GUI, but I have to remember, this isn't Ghost..

Anyway, no, it didn't automatically find and update it in a month of daily use, but when I ran it manually, it said there was one. It said it found an update called, "SSR2013."

So know the question begs, how do I know if I have SR1 now, or if it just installed a new copy of the same program I already had installed? Help > About tells me nothing, the Live Update told me nothing, Help > About has a version number of 11.0.01.47662, but nothing tells me how decipher that.

You could surmise that the '01' denotes the SR1, but then you'd think being SSR2013, the '11', would be '13', so beats me. Odd- all they wouldv'e had done is say is "there is an update to your SSR2013, which is SR1..." to avoid all this confusion, but what do I know.

Sooo?

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

The third digit in build no i.e. 11.0.1.47662 denotes the Service Pack number. This build is SSR 2013 Service Pack1 build. SSR 2013 is moreover marketing release name while 11.0 relates to release sequence number.

Hope this clarifies your query.

-Thanks,

Pravin