cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 Server Edition, Changing password every three months on over 100 servers...

Ovi_I
Level 4

Hello

We are using SSR 2013 R2 Server edition, with latest patch. On over 100 psihical servers with Windows Server 2012 R2, spreaded on all continents.

My main issue with SSR is that every three (3) months, due to sercurity reasons, we change the password to the account used to authentificate on SSR.

I cannot copy-paste the password! So i have to do it manual twice on each server, for each task.

Is time consuming, and have other things to do.

Is there a solution to this, did i miss something?

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

we change the password to the account used to authentificate on SSR

Sorry, just trying to understand which account you are talking about here. Which account do you mean here?

Ovi_I
Level 4

Yeah, my bad.

We do backup off shore, like country A back on country B and Country B backs on A. 

I mean the credentials used to autentificate backup over the network. Usualy we have two disks which we back up separately, on separate jobs.

That requires me to enter every three months new passwords, twice, on each server.

criley
Employee Accredited

So you mean the password that is needed to access the backup destination?

If you are using the SSR Management Solution, this can be done from a central point - just change the password on the backup destination that is defined on the management server. There would be no need to do this on each server/machine that is being backed up.

For the number of servers you are talking about here, I am surprised you are not using the Management Solution for centralized management.

Ovi_I
Level 4

So you mean the password that is needed to access the backup destination?

Yes.

We are using the monitor wich comes with SSR, as didnt feel the need to buy another licence for monitorisig if just over 100 serveres.

We might go with SSR MS, but i would like to try it before. Can we have a (working) link to the product trial? Also it seemst that it requires a stand alone server just for SSR MS.

Thanx

criley
Employee Accredited

You can get it here: https://www.veritas.com/content/trial/en/us/system-recovery-management-solution.html

By the way, it's a free product.

Yes, we do recommend a dedicated server for SSR-MS.