cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 Won't Backup

Daniel_Schumach
Level 3

Two nights ago, my daily incremental failed. I shut the PC down and tried to run the missed backup the next morning. It failed again. A totally new one-time backup also failed. Ran the fixinstall.bat and used Live Update to get the latest version of System Recovery 2013.

This is the information that was displayed with the failures:

-Error E0020002: Device \\.\PhysicalDrive0 cannot be opened.

--Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.'

(UMI:V-281-2-2)

The Windows Log Viewer showed similar information:

Error EC8F1780: Cannot successfully reconcile changes since last session.

Error EC8F1771: Cannot enumerate the current drives on this system.

Error E0020002: Device \\.\PhysicalDrive0 cannot be opened.

Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.' (UMI:V-281-3215-6016)

I also got the error message about not being able to reconcile changes since the previous session when opening the System Recovery application.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, fully patched.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel_Schumach
Level 3

Here is what finally worked to fix the problem.

1. Under Computer Management\Services scroll down until you find SymTrackSvc. Right click and select Stop.

2. Go to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Shared\Drivers\Driver\VTrack.inf. Run as Administrator. This will require a system restart.

Upon restart everything was back to normal and I was able to perform a "Missed Backup".

Regards, Dan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Can you, for testing purposes, run a full backup ?

Daniel_Schumach
Level 3

Markus,

As I mentioned in my original message, running a new one-time full backup was one of the things that I tried.  Got the same messages.

Regards, Dan

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are you using any other backup software on this system, such as an online backup or Windows backup?

Daniel_Schumach
Level 3

Andy,

No I don't.  Have been using nothing but Ghost and SSR for years.

Regards, Dan

Daniel_Schumach
Level 3

Here is what finally worked to fix the problem.

1. Under Computer Management\Services scroll down until you find SymTrackSvc. Right click and select Stop.

2. Go to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Shared\Drivers\Driver\VTrack.inf. Run as Administrator. This will require a system restart.

Upon restart everything was back to normal and I was able to perform a "Missed Backup".

Regards, Dan

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Lucky you !