cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 - cannot install, uninstall or re-deploy service

TLAdmin
Level 2

I have a Win 2008 (not R2) server that had been running SSR 2013 (again, not R2). The backup failed on several consecutive scheduled overnight runs. When looking into the matter, I found that the UI couldn't connect to the backup service. Initially I attempted (several times) to resolve this by using the option to reinstall the service, but this failed. I then tried to uninstall the existing copy of SSR in order to reinstall it, but the uninstall fails. Additiionally a new install over the existing fails. Presently there isn't a sufficient existing installation to run any of the SSR interface to make any changes from within the application, no way to remove, redeploy or reinstall it; and a server that isn't running regular backups. I have not seen and specific error codes - and install / uninstall process simply returns the message that "The [install / uninstall] has not completed successfully."

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

See if VJware's post with steps to uninstall SSR 2013 helps. https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/removal-tool-win-7-64-ssr-2013-110249853

TLAdmin
Level 2

Thank you for the direction - the batch file ran successfully. I won't know the full outcome of the process untill later as this server can't be rebooted during office hours. I will update on the results once I have them.

UPDATE: SSR was removed clean, reinstalled and running properly now. Supplimental question - when I reinstalled, of course, I need to re-supply the license. This copy is owned by the business I work for, it was originally installed / maintained by an external IT group. When it was transitioned to me, the old group provided a book of software licenses / keys / etc. The key information I have does not match what SSR is requesting. It was asking for a key formatted as: XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, I have a SN formatted as A########## and a Certificate # formatted as: ########. How can I go about obtaining the proper license information that is owned by the business? As it is, SSR is running 60-day trial mode right now.

lmosla
Level 6

Hi TLAdmin,

Your best route would be to contact Symantec licensing.  https://support.symantec.com/en_US/contact-us.html