cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 hangs up on "removing backup files"

nuance3
Level 4

I've installed SSR 2013 on other machines (virtual and physical) with no issue.

I just tried installing it to a VMware VM running Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (disk type in VMware is parallel, not SAS).

Was logged in as domain admin.

It installs, then right before it is finished-- just hangs with "removing backup files" message.

Cancel does not work.  Can't exit the install.  Needed to reboot the VM.  SSR 2013 can't connect to the drives (but the services are present and can be started).  Have not tried the trick of resizing the drives-- to get SSR to be able to see the drives (that was recommended and worked for a physical machine in which SSR console could not connect to the drives)

Any idea how to get past the "removing backup files" message?

I tried a reinstall/repair-- but the same thing happened.  Luckily I have a snapshot jujst prior to the install.

I've reverted back to prior to the install.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nuance3
Level 4

OK.  Actually, I let it sit for 15 minutes, stuck in the "removing backup files phase".

This load was onto a VM using a remote desktop session.

Then I tried an install using the console session.  This worked fine-- did not hang up at all.

I guess the solution is to load SSR only through the console session.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

HariSingh
Level 3
Employee

Application will not work unless it passes the "removing backup files" phase. Can you please left the installer running for some more time. In some machines it may take some extra time.

nuance3
Level 4

OK.  Actually, I let it sit for 15 minutes, stuck in the "removing backup files phase".

This load was onto a VM using a remote desktop session.

Then I tried an install using the console session.  This worked fine-- did not hang up at all.

I guess the solution is to load SSR only through the console session.

HariSingh
Level 3
Employee
Its good that it solved for you, But there is no limitation of SSR installation through remote desktop session.