Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 non R2 - files missing

TeleFragger
Level 5

Ok so I am running

CMS 7.5 SP1

SSR 2013 R2

SSR-MS 2013 R2  for Windows

Upon reading R2 does not support Windows XP, however, Symantec states you can install SSR 2013 (non R2) and the R2 console will manage them. Well I went in and setup everything and XP wont work. Checked the cached folder and it is empty. I then proceeded to the server and it is empty. Figuring you need to install SSR 2013 to get the files but they are not listed in SIM. Any help appreciated.

Folders.png

InstallProducts.png

SSR2013R2.png

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

Please refer to Page 42 of the Admin Guide:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7728

TeleFragger
Level 5

well that would work if I had the CD as stated. I do not as all of this is downloaded via SIM..

To install Symantec System Recovery 2013 on client computers
1 Insert the Symantec System Recovery 2013 product CD into the media drive
of the client computer.
2 Browse to the root of the Symantec System Recovery Disk CD.
3 Copy the contents of the SSR32 folder and paste them to the default package
location that is local to the computer on which Notification Server is installed.
The default location is C:\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec System
Recovery Management Solution\Web\SoftwareDelivery\SSR\11.0\Install.

criley
Employee Accredited

If you have a license that entitles you to SSR 2013 (non R2), you should be able to download the installer files here:

https://symantec.flexnetoperations.com/control/symc/registeranonymouslicensetoken

TeleFragger
Level 5

So Tech support walked me through what Chris mentioned yesterday and I downloaded the files.

Also Pg42 of admin guide is kinda right.. kinda

so this gets better and better... I am gonna use this as my gripe post... 

SSR 2013 R2 worked flawlessly out of the box for Win7. We do things differently where we use SWD for all software distributions. Easy to do setup filter, software and policy.. done... As said Win7 was easy once we got the stuff going.

Admin guide pg42 walks you through where to put the files once you get the ISO which I obtained. I placed the files, did filter, policy and software as I did with SSR 2013 R2 and all set. Launch it and get failure. will not run so I stepped through it manually.

It is running CommonInstaller.exe - pg42 does not mention any of this. I tried the command line manually and no go. Realizing take the /S: off and it gripes about .net 2.0 not being there. I copied .net 2.0 from SSR 2013 R2 directory over and now the software fires up, installs .net 2.0 automatically. I decide to walk through the install and SW installs. Setup policies, etc and now I am backing up XP right now.

So few concerns.

1. .net 2.0 in multiple folders - more space

2. SSR 2013 non R2 and R2 - cache 32bit and 64bit on each machine - more space

3. Command line isnt working using CommonInstaller.exe - have to run setup.exe instead

sorry for the vent but I needed it. Now I need to work on seeing how to get this to automate install

TeleFragger
Level 5

^^^ and to add... i was going to go back and use the default policies and remember my current issue. There is no User must turn on from Symantec Management Agent thus making it a manual install. We want to make this a manual run on 3 sites... and then add to select machines but all ran manually....